Downtown Cincinnati Inc. Marketing Overview
DCI's marketing program targets the urban mindset person. The program is a collaborative effort funded by Downtown Cincinnati Inc., Downtown Cincinnati Improvement District and many generous corporations and organizations. You can also learn about the many ways you can market your business with DCI via this video.
The objectives are to improve perceptions of downtown leading to an increase in the number of visits and amount spent per visit by area residents. Results from the 2014 Perceptions Survey showed strong improvements in key indicators for safety and cleanliness that tie directly to the program's objective of improving attitudes of downtown. For the complete survey results, click here.
Both traditional media to engage the masses and nontraditional media to engage the individual are used to reach the target audience with strategic messages to experience downtown's shopping, dining and entertainment venues. The campaign uses television, online, email, digital outdoor billboards, SEM and newspaper advertising, as well as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to achieve its objectives.
In 2011, DCI received the 2011 International Downtown Association's Pinnacle Award for its Mother's Day campaign "Thnaks Mom" and yes, it is an intentional misspelling to grab your attention! Click here to see the award-winning ad. In 2014, DCI received another award from the International Downtown Association for its public art program, ArtVenture. In 2015, two of DCI's marketing campaigns received top awards at the 2014-2015 Cincinnati Addy's. The Macy's Downtown Dazzle TV spot won a Gold Award in the local TV category, and the Downtown Street Pole Banners won a Silver Award in the Out of Home category.
2015 Campaign Highlights:
- Watch the NEW "Let's Go" video here.
- Watch the new Gift Card ad here.
- See "A Day in the Life" of a DCI Ambassador here.
- Buttons promoting the NEW app (click to see larger image)
2014 Campaign Highlights:
Downtown Cincinnati Street Pole Banners
- Watch the Holidays Downtown TV ad here.
- Watch the Gift Card ad here.
- Watch the Rookwood ornament ad here.
- Download the Play ad by clicking here.
- Download the Eat ad by clicking here.
View all the banners and find the "key" for the logos used to spell "Cincinnati."
2013 Campaign Highlights:
For more information about the program, please contact Mindy Rosen at 513.421.4440 x 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Mother's Day ad that ran in Cincinnati Magazine by clicking here.
- Download the Father's Day ad that ran in Cincy Magazine by clicking here
- Download the Summer ad that ran in Cincinnati Magazine by clicking here
- Download the Holiday ad that ran in Cincinnati Magazine by clicking here
- Download the Holidays Downtown TV spot by clicking here
- Download the Rookwood tile TV spot by clicking here
- Download the Downtown Cincinnati Gift Card TV spot by clicking here