Veterans Memorial Sanctuary
Memorial Hall was erected through the efforts of the Grand Army of the Republic, veterans of the Civil War. Built in the Beaux Arts style, this building was designed by Samuel Hannaford & Sons, its interior painted by Francis A. Pedretti & Sons and the statuary along the cornice sculpted by Clement Barnhorn, an instructor at the Art Academy of Cincinnati. Freestanding sculptures are common in Beaux Arts architecture, and the six figures crowning the facade of Memorial Hall commemorate the Revolutionary War to the Spanish American War with a pioneer (ca.1700), minutemen (1776), sailor (1812), artillery soldier (1856), infantry soldier (1865) and cavalry soldier (1890). Created by Clement Barnhorn in 1908.
1225 Elm St.